Kalavantin Durg is located between Matheran and Panvel at an elevation of 2,300 feet.
Duration of the Outing: 1 Night/ 1 Day
Difficulty Level: Easy to moderate
Price: Rs 800 Per Person
30th Jan, Saturday
18:45 Meet at Panvel railway station
19:00 Move towards base Village
20:30 Reach base village, Introduction and start the night trek to ‘Prabalmachi’.
22:30 Reach Prabalmachi, have dinner and campfire. Overnight Stay at Prabalmachi.
31st Jan, Sunday
06:00 - Wake-up call & morning chores
06:30 - Start ascending for the Kalavantin Durg.
08:30 - Reach at the top, have breakfast, explore the fort and take rest
11:00 - Start descend back to prabalmachi
13:00 - Reach prabalmachi and take lunch. Rest
14:00 - Start descend to base village
16:00 - Reach base village, back to Panvel by 17:30 tentatively
- Transportation from Panvel to Panvel.
- Accommodation at Prabalmachi
- Dinner, Tea, Breakfast & Lunch.
- Expertise and Guide Charges
- Train tickets till Panvel
- Any other charges mention than above.
Things to carry:
- 3 liter water (compulsory)
- A torch
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- Your own sleeping bag or mattress with blanket
- Mosquito repellent cream
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in trek
- We appreciate people carrying fruits like pears, pomegranate, dates etc